STADT AS is a company from Norway that has been a vendor of conventional PWM drives for many years. They asked the question: “Can a new way of thinking also give us a new generation of naval propulsion systems that are prepared for tomorrow’s environmental challenges”?
As you know ship owners need reliable vessels that are efficient to operate, year after year, in all seasons and weather conditions. Most importantly, the ship must have a reliable propulsion system with propellers and power systems that never fail.
They took this challenge seriously and developed the STADT LEAN DRIVE
- No electromagnetic interference, EMI, due to sine wave operation
- No acoustic switching noises
- No harmonic voltage distortion, THD, on the ship
- No transformers for the propulsion are needed
- No electric losses in the drives at normal operation
- High redundancy in all levels of the drive systems
- Major reduction of space and weight for the drives
- Minimal need for cooling of drives and its systems
- No need for screened power cables and cable segregation
- Rugged and very well-proven technologies
- MTBF and lifetime improved dramatically compared to competitors
- Simplified technology, 80 % reduction in the number of components
- COMPLETE SILENCE
By focusing on reliable, safe and cost-efficient operation, we will develop and deliver optimal propulsion solutions adapted to the operation of future fleet.